Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

Over the weekend, a wonderful woman named Gloria, who was a student of mine my first year teaching, posted to Facebook a twisted version of banana pudding that I decided I had to try. These things get passed around on social media and figuring out their source gets tricky, but it appears to be pretty much an exact match for a Paula Deen recipe. I figure I'll title it (above) as Paula Deen did, and the printable pdf version (see link at bottom) gets the Facebook title: "Best Banana Pudding."


It was rich but pretty good and the pudding/filling was decidedly thick and creamy. I'm not sure I think it's so much better than my other usual version. But when I want my banana pudding to feel and taste hearty, with just a slight tang from the cream cheese, I reckon this one will do.



"Best Banana Pudding," from Facebook, also known as "Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding," from Paula Deen.

No comments: