Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 26, 2015

Meal No. 1195: Pork Medallions in Ginger-Shiitake-Soy Cream Sauce


A few more folks ended up on the dinner list last evening and I didn't want to have to head back out to the grocery store, so I relied on ingredients I had on hand and a recipe that's tried, tested, and true at the Roediger House: the much-loved ginger-shiitake-soy cream sauce over pan-seared pork medallions. To go with it, some company mashed potatoes (also something that I make a lot of) and garden peas.

There was a pretty direct request for me to have some dessert for a change, and more specifically something we've always called Texas sheet cake. The recipe I used, thought, calls it "Scotch Chocolate Cake." I just call it dee-lish-us.





"Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Scotch Chocolate Cake," [in my world, also known as Texas Sheetcake]. Credited to Susie Timmons. From "Popular: Cake Request Gets 22 Responses," by Michael Hastings, Food Editor of the Winston-Salem Journal. Published October 6, 2010.

No comments: