Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Parade O' Cicadas


If I lived up in certain areas of Virginia or Maryland where the ear-shattering onslaught of some huge cicada brood's emergence was a horror to behold for friends of mine, I might feel differently. But I just love the way a cicada's song brings to mind the marvel of summertime and summer evenings for me. It was relatively late in the season this year before the light chorus of some backyard cicada duo burst into song, but it's been part of my outside entertainment when I've fired up some citronella candles and incense and whiled away part of a night out there.

One of them was still hanging around in the morning this past weekend and I was glad he was willing to sit for a portrait.


1 comment:

hootowlkarma said...

We're sharing that marvelous experience over here in Sanford, Raymond. The dog days of summer are upon us and the dog days (annual) cicadas provide the perfect soundtrack for muggy evenings on the porch with your thoughts.