Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cicada Season

Without ignoring how absolutely awful it must have been for my Virginia friends in the last year or so when the 13-year cicada season hit, and they were subjected to unending ear-shattering cicada music for weeks on end...I have to confess that I'm enjoying a more active cicada period this summer. That's just one of the classic sounds of summer, if you ask me.

And yes, I do keep enjoying the small touches of woods and wildlife that still manage to find their way to my humble downtown abode. Like this cicada who was hanging out on the front tire of my VW not so long ago.


Or finding the discarded carapaces clinging to tree trunks or on the ground nearby:


Or hanging onto a small tree branch:


And the tiny ones, that I'd never seen before:


And especially the nearly artistic ones, like this duo:

No comments: