Search RoHo Blog

Monday, December 31, 2018

Meal No. 2269: Grilled Chicken Breasts over Caesar Salad


It wasn't exactly warm on Christmas Day but at least it wasn't breezy or windy, and that made it still feel nice even in the dark of early evening when I employed the grill to prepare supper. Because I'd put together a somewhat fancy feast, in a manner of speaking, for the Christmas Eve meal, I backed off that next night and simply grilled chicken breasts to go atop hearts of Romaine with homemade Caesar dressing.


Above is a shot from late morning on Christmas Day, when it felt decent outside. But even if it wasn't bitterly cold, it still met the threshold for me to light a morning fire and keep it going all the day long:

Fire No. 59

The day was not without its hitches, as I struggled to get everything to fit in the fridge, I managed to let my homemade creamer take a nasty tumble from the front shelf. No use crying over it!




Helpful guidance for grilling chicken breasts came from: "How to Grill the Juiciest Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts," by Joshua Bousel of SeriousEats.com.

"Easy Lemon Caesar Salad Dressing," by Kim of lowcarbmaven.com.

No comments: