Search RoHo Blog

Friday, January 30, 2015

Meal No. 1199: Lamb Köfte

We're coming up on two years since I last made Lamb Köfte, and I was excited to be returning to it. I needed to make a fresh batch of pomegranate molasses, which turned out pretty close to perfect, in order to pull off the muhammara roasted red pepper sauce. And I didn't have yogurt, so I made the tahini sauce using sour cream this time, and I think that made it even better (along with some extra tahini to boost and balance the flavors). The lamb meatballs were just right.


The unfortunate turn in the events of making dinner, though, was to get to the last 15 minutes of cooking, and to reach for my middle eastern flatbreads, and to find that the first one in the package was the only one that was NOT molding! There was no good alternative, so my Lamb Köfte tonight was served sort of plain on a bed of the caramelized onions. No complaints from the diners, when all was said and done.



"Lamb Köfte with Yogurt Sauce and Muhammara," from Bon Appétit, January 2010. Recipe Online.

No comments: