Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dakota at Seven Months

Last weekend, I received word from Erin at Animal Adoption and Rescue Foundation that Cyprus's remaining unadopted daughter was set to be picked up by her new family. She wanted me to have a chance to come see her before that happened, and I jumped at the chance. Although Erin warned me (wisely) that I might not want to bring Cyprus along, because after all these months apart they might not do so well together, I brought her along anyway. I'm naïve that way.


Of course, Cyprus tends to freak out when she's around other dogs, and the number of them at any given AARF adoption fair is sufficient to moderately cook her system. Fortunately, there was a large cage that was unoccupied, and that's where Cyprus had to hang out while I had a chance to meet and try to photograph Dakota.


Alas, she's still very much a puppy, and it was hard to snag any good shots of that lovely girl.


Cyprus stayed mostly agitated and growled and barked whenever Dakota came near her cage. There was no way to get them out together, at least not while Erin was simultaneously trying to get everything ready for the afternoon's adoption fair.

No comments: