Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Meal No. 237: Smothered Pork Chops & Polenta

It was a late time to be plating dinner, but goshamighty, it was well worth it. Tonight I tried out a recipe for braised smothered bone-in blade-cut pork chops, with an onion-thyme gravy. It was incredibly flavorful, and the meat just dropped off the bone.


This was one of the meals that makes me really happy that I try to cook things. And I think it would maybe even get some rave reviews from Monica Alonso, the head chef at local favorite 6th & Vine Café and Wine Bar. She loves pork chops.


The polenta was also pretty remarkable. I had never made it before, but I sure enjoyed Michael Symon's version of it when I ate at Lolita's in Cleveland back in the late summer.



Braised Smothered Pork Chops with Onion-Thyme Gravy from Cook's Country [April/May 2011], p. 22-23.

Soft Polenta with Mascarpone from Michael Symon's Live to Cook [2009], p. 160.

No comments: