Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 11, 2016

Sweets and Goodies of Early April


Some delightful new friends have moved in down the street from the Roediger House, and on Sunday night Deborah and Alaina fixed up a fine meal and were gracious and fun hosts. I figured I'd better make a contribution to the evening and took down a loaf of French yogurt cake.


Then, today and tomorrow, as I conduct a training in instructional leadership for assistant principals here in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, I got a hankering to make this fine crew a batch of Doubletree-style chocolate chip cookies. Once again, I'm enjoying teaching within sight of the house, in the Neill Board Room of the Winston-Salem Foundation.


Of course, I had to sample at least one the night that I made the first batch:





"French Yogurt Cake," by Andrew Knowlton. In Bon Appétit, May 2012, p. 30.

"Doubletree Hotel's Chocolate Chip Cookies," by Ayşegül Sanford and her blog, Foolproof Living. Published December 29, 2013.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

The French Yogurt Cake was amazing! We savored every last morsel. And we are still enjoying the delicious pimento cheese as well ... thank you so much for the goodness and your delightful company!