Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Meal No. 298: New Year's Day Meatballs

Once again, I've gotta give warmest thanks and a shout-out to my sister Allison. Years ago, over the Christmas holiday when the Jones clan was gathered at Mother's house in Buies Creek, she sat us down one night and fed us the most delicious meatballs, which back then were not normally my kind of thing.

Perhaps because it's the official name, or perhaps because it was New Year's Day or thereabouts, that's the name that was given to them. She shared the recipe with me and I've now made them for the second time. Tonight's meal fed a crew of us who then went up to the Grand Theatre to catch the amazing new J. J. Abrams film Super 8.


Great goshamighty. These were gloriously good.





"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

No comments: