Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Meal No. 79: New Year's Day Meatballs

Quite a few years back, at some gathering of the family on New Year's Day at home in Buies Creek, my sister Allison served us a platter of meatballs that were pretty darned amazing. I've had the recipe all this time but never tried it, until this evening. They cook for about two hours, and almost immediately upon going into the oven, they put out this incredible aroma. Those who were gathering for the meal who came early were taunted by it...that's how good it smelled cooking.



And the result was well worth the taunting. I'm not big on meatballs...never have gotten into them. Maybe I just like them better outside of an Italian meal. But I definitely recommend these without reservation.





"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

No comments: