Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 6, 2018

Meal No. 2175: Plank-Grilled Salmon with Mango-Peach Chutney


With the skies finally having cleared after a long week of storms and tremendous rainfall totals, Saturday night turned into a gorgeous August evening, perfect for grilling. For the three of us that night, I served up plank-grilled salmon and added to it a new creation from my kitchen: sweet mango-peach chutney. I rather liked it, but I realize that's not everybody's thang. I also had roasted garlic-parmesan asparagus spears and squash with Vidalia onion.


Also: I don't know whether I ought to be more concerned about privacy when it comes to how Google tracks me on my phone, but so far I'm considering it more beneficial than costly to be provided with pretty decent info especially in relation to my morning walks with Sumner, like the one that started the day for us on Saturday:


The mapping of our actual route is pretty imprecise but I like having that overall sense of it...



Guidance on plank-grilling the salmon from "Cedar-Planked Salmon with Lemon Pepper and Horseradish-Chive Sauce," by Dawn Yanagihara-Mitchell. From FineCooking.com, Issue 111.

"Sweet Mango-Peach Chutney," a Roediger House original recipe [August 2018].

No comments: