Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Meal No. 2150: Baked Garlic Chicken Thighs


This afternoon, the heat and humidity were finally too much for me. Sumner and I did a 65-minute walk in the early morning hours and I was drenched when we got home. While I still got busy out in the yard for several hours, I did finally reach a reasonable stopping point where I could not fight it any more. There was plenty to do inside the house, though, so it was not an idle day. For the Sunday evening supper, I tried another new recipe: baked garlic chicken thighs. They were quite good, and I appreciated a reviewer's suggestion to add spinach to the dish in the latter portion of the cooking. Perhaps the best spinach greens I've ever had. I steamed another round of asparagus since there was still some delicious salad supreme dressing remaining from last night. And that mess of goodness at the front of the plate? I couldn't resist whipping up a small batch of Alabama great white sauce to dip those juicy chicken thigh pieces into.



"Baked Garlic Chicken Thighs," from Sooz Cooks and published on Genius Kitchen.

"Alabama Great White Sauce" (p. 362), in Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

No comments: