Search RoHo Blog

Friday, June 8, 2018

Meal No. 2134: Chicken Supreme


My mother was no longer teaching by the time I came along and was mostly a stay-at-home mom. And we always had good food on the table, although she tended toward mostly standard fare. For some reason, a particular "new" recipe that she introduced somewhere along the way has always stood out for me as the exotic choice in her repertoire, even though it was still in many ways a basic dish: chicken supreme. There's not much to it: chicken, broccoli, and a tangy sauce made of sour cream and mayonnaise with lemon juice and parmesan cheese layered in and on top.

It's been over three years since I last made it, and it was another four years before that...and then maybe 20 years even further back for an earlier time I might last have made it...?

No comments: