Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Meal No. 269: Chicken Supreme

Now, I'm beginning to calm it down a notch or two, after doing serious time in the Roediger House kitchen this last stretch of days. This evening's meal was made using a recipe my mother gave me after I graduated from college and moved out to start my first job. I still have it on the little "Carolina Telephone" notepad where we put down some recipes that she thought I should have. I haven't made this in probably 20 years, though. She was a fine cook but she did not go much for meals that were out of the ordinary or all that fancy…this one was a little more on the exotic side in the Jones household, where meat and potatoes ruled the day.


Not that this is a difficult meal: it's not. It's rotisserie chicken (which we didn't have at our grocery stores way back in those days when she used to make it) over steamed broccoli with parmesan cheese, topped with a sauce made from sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and more parmesan cheese. There wasn't much left over, and what little there was I sent home with Amy Williamson.

No comments: