Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 23, 2015

Meal No. 1418: Chicken on a Throne


I haven't made this meal since June 2014. I haven't even used the kamado grill since then. I guess I was getting really frustrated with two or three occasions either of really slow cooking meals, or problems keeping the charcoal going. When my remote temperature gauge crapped out on me, I'd just had enough.


But a week ago Sunday (I am quite behind on blog entries!), I took advantage of a combination of lovely weather and a tad more gumption than usual, and I put the kamado back to work.



This is politely called "Chicken on a Throne," or less politely: beer can chicken. Either way, I call it mighty tasty when it comes out right!

Kamado Meal #30



"Chicken on a Throne" (p. 171-173) and "Alabama Great White Sauce" (p. 362). In Smoke & Spice, by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press, 2003.

No comments: