Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Meal No. 1416: Sausage & Beef Manicotti


I ventured into a completely new kind of dish for me last Saturday night: sausage and beef-stuffed manicotti. I guess I'm limited on my Italian dishes, at least the pasta-based ones, and manicotti isn't something I'm drawn to when I'm eating out.


But the recipe struck me as quite promising, so I gave it a try. I'd classify it as involved but not terribly taxing. Stuffing the manicotti with the beef and sausage mixture was actually easier than I expected.


The verdict? Pretty darned good, if I may say so. I need to try to eliminate a bit of the greasiness from the meat in it, but I would not change anything else about it.



"Sausage & Beef Manicotti with Homemade Marinara," from Celebrate the Seasons: Autumn Classics from Cuisine at Home. Issue No. 6, October/November 2015, p. 18.

No comments: