Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Meal No. 1275: Cheese-Stufffed Chicken in Phyllo


I'm no longer scared of working with phyllo dough and have really enjoyed the few times I've now employed it with dinner. I'm still not especially skilled at it but I can make do. Tonight I decided to try out another version of chicken in phyllo, a variation of what I attempted with good success back in January. This recipe calls for pounded chicken breast cutlets wrapped around a spinach and cheese filling (which I'm sure is good!), but I made it all a mixture with diced rotisserie chicken and finely chopped broccoli florets. I whipped up the homemade version of garlic and herb cooking creme to give it a saucy topping and served some buttered corn alongside.



Recipe based on "Cheese-Stuffed Chicken in Phyllo," republished from Better Homes and Gardens, and found on recipe.com.

"DIY Cooking Creme," from Joy in My Kitchen, 25 May 2011.

No comments: