Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Attempt at Final Cabinetry Issues

While I was working away on my taxes today, I also got to entertain a visit from the "punch" guy who works for Kitchen Vision of Winston-Salem. (This is the outfit that did all the cabinetry in the kitchen and three of the bathrooms, as well as in the laundry room...all elements of the addition to the house in 2008-2009.) I've had problems with the pull-out trashcan (it wasn't closing properly and most of the time stuck out a few inches) and with one of the drawers in the wetbar.


His idea of the solution to the malfunctioning drawer in the wetbar was to angle the guides/tracks down. Now the drawer's face sticks out ridiculously at the bottom, because the drawer is now positioned on an angle instead of a horizontal plane.


I guess having a drawer slide into the cabinet at a downward trajectory is a potential solution to the problem I was having. But I have trouble imagining how someone could walk away thinking it's the right thing to do.

No comments: