Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

February's Last Day: Spring's First Buds

February 28, 2011.

On a strange weather day, with warmish temps early but blustery winds and storming by late afternoon, I managed to find my way to the sideyard to refill the bird feeders. And after the miserable drudgery of the abnormally cold winter, I have to admit that I got pretty giddy upon spotting new buds on the Bradford pear tree. Spring is coming. Spring is on its way.

My hatred of the cold is well-known by those who have to spend time around me, and its negative effects on me especially in the kitchen have already been documented. But the advent of spring also means we're getting closer all the time to the outside joys of life in the Roediger House, like cookouts and movie nights and coffee on the front porch.

I'm ready.



No comments: