Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Meal No. 98: Shrimp Po'Boys

Here's a wild hair: I decided I needed to take a stab at making shrimp po'boys tonight. It only made sense, because earlier today I got some grease going to try my hand at onion rings (about which I'll probably blog on some later date). So the grease was there in the electric skillet, so why not? I whipped up the "dressing" which was a bit heavy on the onion but I also added some sriracha to give it a little more heat and flavor. The french rolls were warmed in the oven, the shrimp were freshly breaded and fried, and the po'boys assembled with ease. And it was delicious.



For dessert: chocolate cream pie...also a recipe I'd never made before. More than delicious. I'm still smacking my lips and wishing it was tomorrow so that I could feel good about having another slice.

No comments: