Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Meal No. 2591: Sous Vide Pork Chops


When I found some thicker-cut pork chops on a recent grocery run, I thought I ought to give the sous vide approach another go and see if I got a better result. And I did, even though they weren't bad a few weeks ago when I first tried them with thinner chops. With some Creole blackening spice and more fresh herbs from the garden, and then finished with a good pan sear and a butter-garlic spoonover as they reached perfection, I found myself sorry they weren't even larger. I made homemade mashed potatoes, with plenty of butter and a dose of heavy cream. And since the world has not quite figured out how best to anticipate the uncertain weeks and months to come in this coronavirus pandemic, and you can't find canned green beans at Costco anymore, I splurged on a couple of cans from my dwindling supply.



"Sous Vide Pork Chops," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 08 April 2016 / Updated 13 April 2020]

No comments: