Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Cap'n Crunch Cookies


After making Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookies several days before and finding them so awful, I needed a cookie palate cleanser. So last Wednesday night after working on a wide variety of tasks much of the day, I carved out some of the evening to make a batch of the uniquely wonderful, always delicious Cap'n Crunch cookies. They were particularly good this time, and I think it's because I added just a hint of interesting flavorings to the dough, that I'd just recently received: buttered popcorn flavoring and butterscotch flavoring. I wanted to try to evoke the special taste I could get from using the limited edition Caramel Popcorn Crunch edition of that tasty sugary cereal, which is no longer available. It might not have been a perfect match but these cookies were delightfully enhanced!



They were quite the treat, they were spot on, and they were easy to over-consume. Sue me.



"Cap'n Crunch Cookies," found online at The Capitol Baker, with credit going to The Sugar Plum Blog for inspiration and the source of the adapted recipe.

No comments: