Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 25, 2018

June Flowers Update


As the academic school year moved into its final weeks, my work schedule also came to a close. As an educational consultant, I know that May and June are the time for schools to review for and then administer tests...and not the time for me to be all up in their business. I don't mind starting my summer vacation early. With the advance planting and prep work I was able to do in some nice spring break weather, I felt like the beauty of spring could get a head start at the Roediger House, and things are looking pretty good!


The petunias in the planters and in the front beds survived the April cold snaps and have filled in with rich color.


The May window for the peonies was short but brilliant.


The front hydrangea was bursting with blooms.


The dianthus blooms were a new twist.


The first daylily bloom appeared right at the end of May...


...and the second daylily showed its beauty by June 2nd.


In the petunia beds, they have spread and blossomed fruitfully, creating a fragrant purple blanket.


The small patch of astra blue balloon flower started bursting out about three weeks ago and it seems my photos seldom capture how really lovely they are.


The calla lily in the small strip of side yard on the north side is yet again healthy and rich.


The strutter's ball day lilies outside the back door are marvelous greeters and really full-bloomed.


The bee balm my sister gave me began doing their own strutting around the third week of June...


...as did the berry dazzle dwarf crepe myrtle at the parking area sidewalk leading up to the front porch.


Soon thereafter the first of the giant blooms on the Cranberry Crush hibiscus unfolded.


Among my newer day lilies is this terrific orange variety.


And finally, with this being my first summer ever for trying to grow tomatoes, I'm wildly fascinated with how giant (now, just about 7 feet tall) my beefeater plant has grown. It looks like they're going to be incredibly productive, too, so let me know if you need any fresh garden-grown tomatoes!

No comments: