Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 11, 2018

Meal No. 2107: Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Crust


Amy and Gern were here for the last time I made this meal, which is what we had on Monday night together: chicken potpie with cheddar crust, along with homemade applesauce.


I didn't get as much of the cheddar punch in the crust as I was expecting, but I think we all thought it was pretty decent overall.


The remaining rhododendrons are beginning to embark on their full blossoming...lots of buds still but the flowers that have emerged are gorgeous.


This is a dramatic improvement over last year's lousy season for them, when ultimately I lost two rhododendrons and didn't get much in the way of blooms.



"Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Crust," from Food Network Magazine, Vol. 4, No. 8 (October 2011), p. 132-133.

Inspiration for Homemade Applesauce came from Evelyn Coulson of Cana, VA. Guidance for Homemade Applesauce came from:

No comments: