Search RoHo Blog

Monday, October 16, 2017

Meal No. 1936: Lamb & Multi-Mushroom Madeira Vegetable Meatloaf


Originally, I was not scheduled to be off this past Tuesday, but when it turned out I had a day at home, I turned my attention to attempting a great supper for six that night. The menu included lamb meatloaf made with a filling that included two kinds of mushrooms and homemade madeira vegetables. I reserved the liquid from making the vegetables in order to create a Madeira sauce for the meatloaf. I'm always drawn to the Tupelo Honey Cafe's take on smashed sweet potatoes for this kind of meal, and I also had a pot of seasoned green beans. There was even dessert that night, as if we could possibly have any room for it!



"Lamb and Multi-Mushroom Meat Loaf" (p. 150) and "Smashed Sweet Potatoes" (p. 128), in Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville's New South Kitchen, by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing (2011).

Madeira Sauce and Madeira Vegetables based on recipes from Tupelo Honey Cafe: New Southern Flavors from the Blue Ridge Mountains by Elisabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing (2014), p. 157.

No comments: