Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Meal No. 1925: Grilled Glazed Pork Chops


If the glazed grilled pork chops from a couple of weeks ago hadn't been so good, I don't suppose I would have repeated them so soon. But the penultimate Saturday of September, and the first one of fall, was so freaking gorgeous that all I wanted was a simple supper to grill out. It was a night for glazed grilled pork chops with a first trial of the Brown-Eyed Baker's take on potato salad...which proved to be very salad-y but also really good:


Once again, I depended on the good advice of the folks at Serious Eats to help me get the hard-boiled eggs just right for that delicious potato salad:


I got a bit carried away, though, and also made fluffy Southern-style hoecakes, which were the best they've ever been:


The meal was so filling, since in addition I had steamed broccoli and homemade applesauce, that there ended up being no immediate interest in the dessert that I had also prepared...and which will show up in a later blog post.



"Glazed Pork Chops," in Cuisine's Celebrate the Seasons: Summertime Menus, Issue 10 (June/July 2016), p. 36-38.

"Best Ever Potato Salad," by Michelle, who blogs at the BrownEyedBaker.com. [Published 06 June 2016]

"Fluffy Southern-Style Hoecakes," by Erica of My Busy Bees and Me. Recipe first encountered through her YouTube video.

Guidance on Hard-Boiled Eggs: "The Hard Truth about Hard-Boiled Eggs," by J. Kenji López-Alt, Managing Culinary Director of SeriousEats.com.

No comments: