Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 28, 2016

Meal No. 1690: Thanksgiving Morn Sleepover Breakfast


It was a festive holiday week at the Roediger House, and that included not only the usual big fun gathering Thanksgiving Eve, but also yet another slumber party for some great house regulars. I figured I'd best have something to snack on when we all got up, so with two pots of coffee brewed, I was able to serve up party ham biscuits and traditional sausage balls.



"Party Ham Biscuits," a recipe shared with our family by Susan Brown, who was my sister Allison's college chum at the University of North Carolina. I recorded Susan's in my recipe collection in 1988. There are various versions of this recipe, of course. Pretty popular is the "caramelized" version, such as this one: "Caramelized Ham & Swiss Buns," by Iris Weihemuller of Baxter, MN, in Taste of Home, December 2013, p. 59. For the horseradish sauce, I turned to the one I make for the "Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce" recipe that was part of the Thanksgiving meal that night.

No comments: