Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Meal No. 1663: Hamburger Supreme


Last Sunday was a return to gorgeous weather, and I tried to take full advantage of it with yard work. I got the second of two rhododendrons planted that I had just purchased, and I mulched most of the "grove" where the pear and cherry trees are. I planted the mums in the concrete planters that I received from my mother, and I filled in mums on either side of the steps coming up from the street. I only got panhandled six times while I was out front working.


It's just a small part of my yard to-do list during the few remaining pleasant days before winter overtakes us.

Alas, given that the days following that lovely weekend were full of work and travel, I had to do what I could and hope that I could get back to it when I returned from the road.

Last week started off with a day working at Hunter Elementary School in Guilford County. Since the plan that day was for everybody to bring lunch in, I decided to return all too soon to hamburger supreme. It is especially good left over, plus I had all that good homemade applesauce in the fridge that goes so well with it.


I felt like my hands were tied on this one. And what a delicious dinner it made on Sunday, and an even better lunch on Monday.



"Hamburger Supreme," from the late Mrs. John T. (Glynn) Johnson of Buies Creek, North Carolina, via Janice Jones Bodenhamer.

No comments: