Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Meal No. 1526: Chicken with Coronation Sauce


Taxes did not prove to be taxing this year, and while I'd cleared three days this week to get 'em done, I ended up being finished by mid-morning today. What a relief! So I was in a relaxed and casual mood late this afternoon when I looked up through the dirty window with the bird feeder at it, and I spied a goldfinch couple enjoying its meager remains. That's the first sighting of the season, and it always makes me a bit giddy.


For dinner, with three at the table, the bowls were filled high with delicious chicken with coronation sauce over basmati rice. We all had our fill, and there was even a portion to send home.



"Coronation Sauce for Chicken," from 400 Sauces, by Catherine Atkinson, Christine France, and Maggie Mayhew. Hermes House (2006, 2008), p. 155.

No comments: