Search RoHo Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016

Strawberry Tiramisu


Over the last few years, I've given a couple of different tiramisu recipes a try: in 2011, I made the traditional coffee liqueur dessert known to most of us; and (in 2013) I made a limoncello version that is lighter and puckishly sweet.


Most of my days working in various schools in Guilford County have included a lunch being brought in, and a regular caterer is Above & Beyond, and they are really good. The dessert we sometimes have is out of this world: their version of a Japanese strawberry shortcake. I've been tempted to try something close to it and finally got around to it recently. I based my recipe on guidance from King Arthur Flour, for a cake they call Berry Tiramisu.

It was decent but nowhere near as good as the caterer's dessert (which also comes in a lemon version sometimes). We decided it was more of a springtime treat, but I'm not confident that I'll be tackling it again. I've got too many other desserts I want to try out.



"Berry Tiramisu," from King Arthur Flour online.

"Microwave Berry Jam," from King Arthur Flour online.

No comments: