Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Meal No. 1240: Herb-Roasted Chicken with Pan Gravy


I'd expected my sister and her son Eli to return to Winston-Salem this evening from their overnight trip to Harnett County, so I tried to prepare a full feast that would have a chance of being enjoyed by all. Even with an early start, I still didn't put it on the table until late. Alas, apparently they weren't intending to return as I'd thought! So more than enough food and plenty of leftovers...and a fine dinner for a quiet Wednesday night in the Roediger House.




"Herb-Roasted Whole Chicken with Savory Pan Gravy," in Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville's New South Kitchen, by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC (2011), p. 136-137.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Jiffy Corn Casserole," found on Facebook. Download a pdf version of it by clicking here.

No comments: