Search RoHo Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

Meal No. 944: Amy's Birthday Celebration


When good friend Amy Williamson says it's a Roediger House meal she wants for her birthday, well, she gets it. She left the menu up to me, and she was responsible for the guest list. I figured it's hard to go wrong with a beef tenderloin in wine sauce, horseradish cream sauce, twice-baked potatoes, and layered green bean casserole.


It was a fine time with decent grub.

I also tried out a new dessert, but I'll post that sometime next week.



"Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce" (p. 296) and "Spicy Horseradish Sauce" (p. 295) from The All-New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook. Compiled and Edited by Julie Fisher Gunter. Oxmoor Press (2006).

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," from my sister Allison in Rossville, Indiana.

"Stuffed Potatoes: Good/Better/Best," a recipe clipping saved from Cuisine at Home, Issue 60 [December 2006], p. 23-25.

No comments: