Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Meal No. 788: Pasta Carbonara


A long but good week of hard work in Virginia Beach, doing six different sessions over four days with various groups of school administrators. Because of the higher prices of the summer season, the best place they found to put me up on a government rate ended up being the tallest building in the entire Commonwealth of Virginia: the Westin Hotel & Residences in the Town Center of Virginia Beach. I wouldn't rave too much about the room itself but I enjoyed the view, the proximity to decent restaurants for my loner dinners each night, and even the relative short distance to each of the worksites of the week. That's a definite bonus when in Virginia Beach. Never saw the ocean, but I'll be back plenty of times in the coming year.


Possessed of a certain happy weariness by the time I made the long trek back home this Thursday evening, I was more than content with a simple bowl of rotini carbonara for my dinner.



"Pasta Carbonara," a recipe shared by Monie Lawrence of Raleigh, NC.

No comments: