Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An August August Hawk

This past Saturday morning, I was witness to a small ruckus at the window bird feeder that I can see from my old man's chair in front of the fireplace hearth. The hawk was back and he made a grab for a tweeter on the feeder, but he missed. After an unsuccessful sliding attempt to perch on the windowsill, he dropped down to the ground below and recollected his thoughts. I used this as my chance to snap shots over his shoulder, as follows:






I do love having this hawk around and thrill to any chance to see him in action and up close.

1 comment:

hootowlkarma said...

Wow! What a joy to witness a wild creature going about its business in such an altered environment. Although for the hawk, this is quite possibly its "natural" environment, born and raised right there in Winston-Salem. Wonderful photos, Raymond. Thanks for sharing!