Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Goldfinch Sighting Is Golden

Since I don't try to keep a thistle bag or feeder anymore, it's cut down on how much I get visited by goldfinches. But this summer, I've been enjoying an occasional sighting of a goldfinch couple (and occasionally just the male on his own). The other day, because one of the random sunflowers that's sprung up under the window bird feeder has grown strong and tall enough, it served as a lunch buffet for this very attractive little fellow. I was able to snap on the telephoto lens and not feel so creepy about it.






1 comment:

hootowlkarma said...

Marvelous shots; and what a joy to behold in person! The goldfinch is without doubt one of my favorite creatures. From time to time they'll drop in on our coneflowers. Thanks for sharing these fabulous images!