Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Meal No. 769: Barbecued Chicken

Oh, Bon Appétit. You do me right and you do me well. This summer's grilling issue put a special emphasis on crisp juicy chicken, and I was quick to put their cover recipe to the test a couple of weeks ago. Tonight, I tried out their recipe for barbecued chicken with a homemade barbecue sauce.

I'm not guaranteeing that I've never grilled barbecue chicken here at the house before, but I sure don't remember ever doing so. I don't feel confident grilling chicken, frankly, and I've also never been that huge of a fan of barbecue chicken anyway.

But last year, when I was doing some work in Virginia Beach, the hosting principals invited me over one evening and I got to enjoy some tasty grilled barbecue chicken. It raised this possibility on my cooking radar, and tonight I got busy with it.


The process started with making homemade barbecue sauce, which was amazing. Then, I whipped up their recommended simple 4-3-2-1 rub and let the chicken sit basking in it for about an hour. I'll tell the rest in photos:

Cyprus kept me company whilst I grilled.

Why not grill the polenta and haricots verts?




It was a gorgeous night to be outside grilling.



From Bon Appétit, July 2013:

No comments: