Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Meal No. 335: Peanut Butter Bacon Burgers

Hello again, peanut butter bacon burgers. This is your fifth appearance at the Roediger House, and you seem to get better every time.


First fixed only last November, this is definitely one of the House favorites and a meal that actually gets made on command of the uninitiated. I'm always happy to oblige.

You might say: it's just burgers. But I have to take this meal up a notch. For instance, each and every time, I have ground my own beef to make the patties.


There's a particular technique that's recommended for forming and cooking the patties, and I find it best to follow those instructions.


Anticipating five eager mouths to feed this evening, I managed to stretch the beef without making the burgers paltry. The classic burger sauce is homemade. The peanut butter is homemade. The buns have been buttered and browned in the skillet. Tonight's accompaniment was homemade blue cheese coleslaw.


For dessert: I made a lemon buttermilk pie that was just spot on.




Approach to burgers and recipe for the classic burger sauce: Cook's Illustrated, No. 93, July/August 2008.

Ina Garten's "Blue Cheese Coleslaw" from FoodNetwork.com.

"Buttermilk Lemon Pie," from Taste of Home.

No comments: