Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meal No. 323: Baked Salmon with a Park Hill Maple & Spice Mustard Glaze

It's true that there was salmon in the house just a couple of nights ago. But I was up for it again and wanted to finally try a glaze recommended by my good Princeton friends Everett and David. They were even so kind as to send me the Park Hill Maple & Spice mix from the Savory Spice Shop, just so I could make this happen.


And it's darned good. It's a wonderful mix of flavors but it does not overwhelm the salmon. I also tried out an orzo-based risotto with blue cheese and pine nuts that proved to be marvelous. The meal was completed with a batch of lima beans.


For dessert: New York Cheesecake. I made it yesterday intending to have it ready for the large group that was here. But I didn't get it done in time to get good and chilled. I also felt like I cooked it a wee bit too. So far, though, the takers have appeared to be pleased with it.

No comments: