Search RoHo Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Possum #2: Caught in the Act


Last week, on the final morning of the visit by the principals and coaches from New Orleans College Prep, I took Cyprus out for her morning ritual and discovered that another possum had found its way into my Havahart® trap.


Since I was headed out for the second day of instructional coaching training, I had to just put this rascal under the crawl space of the front porch, to get it out of the sun and heat, and would need to tend to it later.


Friday morning, I loaded it up onto the truck and went for another long drive, this time out to the north and west of the city, in search of a good wooded area to deposit it in that would be far enough away so as to avoid any returns. Just this side of the Yadkin River, I found the perfect spot right along a creek and a good distance from houses and such.

No comments: