Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Doctor Who Series 6 TV Party (and Chili)


Six-Hour Chili for 6 Hours of Doctor Who

The show is so good that it's not really a huge feat to make me a fan of it, but I find myself all-too-quickly seduced into loving me some Doctor Who from the BBC. I'm not yet so manic about it that I'm having to go back and watch all the available episodes from the last 50 years, and I am still learning the villains and the backstories and the past companions and all that.

Still, it was tough to have the DVDs sitting around here at the house for that period of time between their release and when the Doctor Who Series 6 (Part I) watching party was scheduled for. But finally the day arrived, and a giddy happy anxious and enthused crowd packed itself into the upstairs TV room over bowls of Six-Hour Chili (Meal No. 330) and watched all seven episodes this evening.

In addition to the chili (which I forgot to photograph in the run-up and rush of getting the watching party started), I had on hand made-from-scratch brownies, brioche-topped peach and pear cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream, lemon sponge pie, and Bundt butterscotchy coffee cake.




And there were some special drink inventions, too: Doctor Whowaii, Amelia Pom, River Thong, and Two Thousand and Lime Space Rory Williams. Did you know there was a pineapple version of Fanta? And that the Fates intervened just in time to allow real and true Peach Nehi to be found right here in Winston-Salem?

No comments: