Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meal No. 291: Pork Medallions in Ginger Shiitake Cream Sauce

It's been a while since I've fixed a pork tenderloin, and with tenderloins on sale at the Harris Teeter this week, it was a good excuse for dusting off an old recipe. This seemed to make Bradley Phillis happy, because he insists that the dish I made earlier this evening (well, yesterday) is the one regular feature on the kitchen table here that he had not yet sampled. It was great to also have his brother Benjamin along, as well as a friend of theirs who is new to the Roediger House, Emily Satterfield.


This is pork tenderloin medallions with a ginger soy shiitake mushroom cream sauce, along with fresh steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes.


I was told in no uncertain terms that I'd better have a dessert this evening, so I made a Texas sheet cake. It was quite the chocolate overload, and I think it made the dinner crew happy.



"Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

"Scotch Chocolate Cake," [in my world, also known as Texas Sheetcake]. Credited to Susie Timmons. From "Popular: Cake Request Gets 22 Responses," by Michael Hastings, Food Editor of the Winston-Salem Journal. Published October 6, 2010.

No comments: