Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Meal No. 228: Grilled Tuna with Red Wine Vinegar and Rosemary Dijon Vinaigrette

My original ideas for dinner tonight involved either halibut or lamb shanks, and I was unable to find either of those when I did my Saturday shopping this afternoon. After standing stupidly in the fresh meat and seafood section at the Harris Teeter for a while, I finally settled on wild-caught yellowfin tuna medallions. But I came home with no clear idea about what I'd do with them. I was bound and determined, though, to cook something that I'd never made before.


The tuna medallions ended up on the grill.


But they were not alone. They'd been coated in a red wine vinegar and rosemary dijon mustard vinaigrette. Note: I've never grilled tuna before.


Also brand-new to me was quinoa as a side dish. I also turned to regular favorite Fordhook lima beans.


There was plenty of vinaigrette to also top the grilled tuna and quinoa with. This was an unquestionably fantastic meal. I'm pretty proud of myself.




Cook's Illustrated, No. 104, May-June 2010, p. 12-13.

No comments: