Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Small Progress on Van Gogh Bathroom

The calendar tells me that it is dangerously close to four months that one of the brand-new bathrooms has been in a state of partial demolition and therefore unusable. That's a pretty expensive room for me to have paid for and then have no use of for all too long.

However, today I was blessed with a few short hours of work by my general contractor, who has at least finished laying the rest of the tile in there. He says he will be back next weekend to grout it and set the toilet.

You know, I was very patient when the problems with the HVAC leak led to mold underneath the tile as well as damage to the ceiling over the wetbar in the kitchen. But that patience has probably come back to bite me on the bottom, because I fear it made it seem I did not care that this has dragged on so long.

No comments: