Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scoring on eBay


Every once in a while, I have to hit up a saved search on eBay and see what might be available in the pattern of dishes my mom passed on to me. These were the dishes that were somewhere between 'every day' and 'fine china.' But hey: they suffice. I've been trying to get enough on hand to be able to have dinners for eight. Then, when I got the new dining room table, I wanted to bump that up to 12. Of course, why not go for 20?

Last week was a good week to have checked eBay. I think I can now say I've got plenty of flatware and I'm well on my way to having enough dishes. Replacements, Ltd., is good and all that, but I don't have that much money burning a hole in my pocket.

By the way, the baby grand piano seen in a recent blog post about the south parlour was my first winning bid ever eBay.

No comments: