Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Perhaps because I was pretty focused on the kitchen and cooking to be done, I somehow managed not to take pictures of this year's Thanksgiving gathering. The good news is that the last of the four dining room chairs did arrive (I was worried because Boyle's Furniture is undergoing bankruptcy proceedings!) and so it was possible to set up for the anticipated 14 guests. (Two people didn't show up and didn't call, and I guess we didn't need what they'd promised to bring!) Anyway, the 12 who were here made it an amazing evening and a delightful dinner. I think we ended up sitting at the table almost four hours, breaking up the time with a couple of rounds of Taboo! between the good food and the decadent desserts.

It was a glorious gathering of friends and loved ones, a chosen family affair, served that evening in abundance and with joy and laughter around a warm-gathered table. My menu has varied little over the years, so I suspect what could be found from the 2014 Thanksgiving likely mirrors what was served that evening...now fifteen years in my rear view mirror as I try to capture it here. This was Meal No. 44 in the new kitchen addition.

Here's a shot of the table, set up and ready for the good crew who shared the evening meal together.

No comments: