Search RoHo Blog

Monday, December 21, 2015

Meal No. 1438: New Year's Day Meatballs

Last Friday night, I enjoyed the heck out of having some new and special guests for a dinner party: colleagues and professional friends from the Talent Development team with Guilford County Schools. These are some of the folks I've been working with the last four years on coaching and teacher development.

I like these folks a lot and really enjoy our work together, but I also find them to be great people, so it's nice to have a chance to hang out in a casual setting. We're always working so hard whenever we've been together before...this was an awesome diversion and a delightful evening.


When figuring out the menu, I wanted to make something that would feed a small crowd but also not tie me down at the stove or oven. I went with New Year's Day meatballs, company mashed potatoes, and layered green bean casserole. I like how clean the plates were when the dishes were cleared, and I sent the leftovers home with the departing guests.



"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (December 2001).

No comments: