Search RoHo Blog

Friday, December 11, 2015

Meal No. 1432: Brendan's Moroccan Bistro Chicken


Every time I make this meal, I try to make sure to give credit for it to my former 7th grade student, Brendan, who made it for one of the annual get-togethers I enjoy with him and his folks at Christmas time.

When I see them all in Raleigh on December 26th, it will be in the midst of the 20th year since he was my student. Time flies.

Anyway...not sure he approves of the name I give it, but I persist anyway: Brendan's Moroccan Bistro Chicken. Spiced and seasoned chicken thighs in a long-simmering onion and broth sauce that all comes out warm and tasty and soothing to the soul. Last Friday night, I served it over Basmati rice so our boys' night crew could enjoy a simple one-bowl meal.

No comments: