Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Vanilla-Glazed Cinnamon Biscuits

I had some cinnamon filling left over after making struessel to top off a recent batch of French toast cupcakes, and I always need to practice my biscuit making. I figured today I'd give this the ol' college try, and by college try, I mean the idea came from my college roommate Jimmy Randolph, who is himself a master biscuit maker.

I, however, am not.


The result had interesting but not compelling flavors and pretty much the whole batch (except for the sample slice) got tossed into the garbage. C'est la vie!



"Fluffy Biscuits," from Cook's Illustrated, May 1993, accessed online.

"Simplest Vanilla Glaze," by Mark and Michael Klebeck with Jess Thomson. In Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker. San Francisco: Chronicle Books (2011), p. 132.

No comments: