Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Meal No. 443: Grill-Roasted Beef Tenderloin

I found a good buy today on beef tenderloin roast at Sam's Club, so that led to a very special Sunday evening meal at the Roediger House. It made me go back and dig out a recipe for grilling a beef tenderloin that I'd used only once before (although, as I recall, it turned out to be on an occasion when my gas grill ran out of fuel in the middle of cooking).


The salad to start off the meal was rather straight-forward: hearts of romaine with a fresh-made (this afternoon) dose of buttermilk-blue cheese dressing. And the cognac-onion sauce for topping the beef was incredible.

While this meal was, of course, quite good, I do think I much prefer my beef tenderloin in wine sauce recipe. It's good to switch it up, I guess.



"Grill-Roasted Beef Tenderloin," from Cook's Illustrated, September/October 2004, Number 70,  p. 6-8.

"Cognac-Onion Sauce," from Southern Living, February 2006, p. 130.

"Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing," from Southern Living, February 2006, p. 137.

No comments: